On a number of occasions, I've been informed that certain intelligent people, that I deeply respect, were disappointed with my station on the condition of the planet. Yet, we hadn't really even talked about the subject. It was driving me daffy, trying to understand what part of my little green opinion was upsetting to them.
I came to the conclusion that my faith in God was causing the misunderstanding and unrest. I seriously think that because I'm a christian people assume that I don't care about our planet. Not so. I don't understand this. I care and I think God cares too. I wonder who these folks have been talking to, and how, whoever they are, can claim to be christian and not have pity on our planet?
Maybe it was all a misunderstanding and I just got caught in the middle. I'm not sure, but for good measure this is my attempt to set an apparently wonky record straight...about myself and what I believe. I can't speak for others and I wish others wouldn't speak for me.
1. I believe that saying you're a christian can mean a lot of things these days. We should all ask what someone believes before assuming anything.
2. I believe we're all children of the same God.
3. I believe everything, including melting icecaps, has been going down hill since the fall of man, when sin entered this previously perfect world.
4. I DO NOT think the world is going to be destroyed by a flood, because God said it wouldn't.
5. I believe that if the planet is going to be destroyed by excessive heat, it will be AFTER Jesus comes back to get those of us who want to be with Him, not one second before. I believe that's called hell fire.
6. I believe, hope and pray that I'm leaving here one day with as many others as possible, BUT I also believe God told us to take care of the animals and the world and each other while we're here.
7. I believe we need to make every effort to clean up and stop destroying the ONE planet that we've been given to share.
8. I DO believe we CAN make this a better place, by loving and taking care of one another and the planet.
9. I believe if we don't make an effort to make things better-they will definitely get much worse-due to our horribly destructive nature.
Don't you hate when people don't ask and just assume?!
Okay. I feel better now. *sigh*